Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

TMNT Reboot Fancast


If you didn't already know the teenage mutant ninja turtle franchise is getting rebooted, witch is FREAKING FANTASIC!! I've always been a big fan of the turtles & there hasent been a great film since the original 1990's film. And to my amazement it is being based on the original comic other than the 80's cartoon. That means it will be darker,gritty,more violate, & also humerous. The perfect formula for an entertaining film. The current rumor is that Jonathan Liebesman is at the top of the list to direct. Like any fan I have a cast in my head that will probably never happen, but would blow my mind if it did. And with the advancements in performance capture technology you can get really good dramatic actors to put their stamp on the characters. Without further ado here is my fan cast...

Starting with Leonardo. I say the perfect pick is Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors out there. He has incredible range, and that strong, determined persona that Leo needs. His role in " Inception" sealed the deal for me.



For Raphael I say Tom Hardy. He is a FANTASIC actor who could really sink his teeth into the character. And as seen in "Inception" he is very good at bickering with JGL. And he showed he was perfect in the movie "Warrior" he is a angry, violent, short tempered brut? And pulls it off great. Watch "Warrior" & you'll be convinced.



 For the brilliant and carasmatic Donatello I choose Elijah Wood. He is a pretty underated actor who has the perfect voice for Donnie. He can easily pull off the type of funny, dorky guy who also knows exactly what he is talking about. 





 Michelangelo was probably the hardest to cast. You need someone who is both funny & charming, while still being able to pull off more dramacitc scenes. In the end I chose Jamie Bell. I don't really have any reason for choosing himbother than like him. There isn't really any role or characteristic that he has that makes me think Michelangelo. I just like Jamie Bell & think he could be pretty good in the role. I think if anyone can pull it off it'll be him. 



 For me there is only one choice for Master Splitter, & that is the magnificent Ken Watanabe . I don't have to say anything he is just a great actor and a perfect mentor figure.





That's my fan cast I didn't really say much about them, but you get the idea. We'll probably never see this cast in this property but I can dream cant I...

No comments:

Post a Comment