Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Why Troll Hunter is AWESOME


Yes, I'm posting something thats not about "The Amazing Spiderman". So I was on Netfilx not to long ago, & I came upon the movie "Troll Hunter". I heard some pretty awesome stuff about it, so I watched it. Troll Hunter is a pretty fricken sweet movie. It is a Norwegian film, so the whole thing is subtitled, & the CG isn't that great, but I didn't really mind. The story is pretty straight forward. It's a found footage movie that follows a group of college kids investigating a man, Hans, who they think is killing local bears. By following him they make discover that he is actually a troll hunter, if you couldn't already guess that. He then allows them to join him & film all of his outings, being that his job sucks & he wants people to  know about it. Hans works for an organization that is practically troll wildlife preservation. This movie is ALOT a fun. The ridiculous concept is handled so seriously that it's pretty funny at times & that was clearly intended. The trolls themselves are cartoon looking, with big noses, and wrinkled faces. That's not to say the film doesn't have some thrills and scars, but it properly earns them. It's hard to describe this movie, you really have to see it to know what I'm talking about. It dose have a pretty slow start, but by the end I was completely satisfied. Just don't take it as seriously as it looks you will unappreciated alot of the humor. And I HAVE to point this out, when Hans is trying to lurer a troll out from a under a bridge he places 3 goats on the bridge, a clear throwback to the tale of the "3 Billy Goats Gruff". Witch was very tastefully done. Check his movie out, odds are you'll like it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment